Friday, August 3, 2007

Ripping is Not so Bad............




See the Embossed Leaves Sock-see the pile of yarn? I knew it the minute I cast on the ribbing.........did I listen to that little feeling? Obviously not. When I tried it on last night I had that feeling again, the wonderful hug that a pair of well-fitting socks gives you just wasn't there. No matter how much I wanted to deny this, it was going to have to go. I waited until this morning to rip it out. I needed the freshness of the morning and the courage. Thankfully yarn is reusable-I will be able to fly through the pattern now, since I have had such experience knitting it. It will be worth it. I even figured out where in the pattern to reduce the stitches to get rid of the bagginess since I do not have a pair of smaller needles. Stay tuned...

1 comment:

  1. How did I miss inheriting your stick-to-it gene? I got the stuff-the-stupid-thing-in-the-closet-and-try-to-forget-about-it gene instead...sigh!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

POST SURGERY TIME

I was able to get a ton of knitting time in  while in the Surgery Center with Bill yesterday!   He did well but it is harder to have surgery...