Wednesday, September 12, 2007

GARDEN BLISS

Good friend, Becki, always sends us away after a visit with a carload of plants-she has a very green thumb............so far we have been accumulating the plants in pots and harboring them at the side of the house until we could think of a safe place for them with the construction ahead. This week we decided to give some of them a home in the only area we are pretty sure will be safe for a while-our driveway 'island' (the driveway loops around this area).

It has been fun to plant and help the area that once was flourishing to be restored to lush growth-now we are talking about future lush 'cuz every gardener also has to have vision and as we plant, we see not the single stalk before us but the huge, full, green shrub that it will be! We only work for a few hours in the morning while in the shade and before the sun gets to full baking strength!


And a very patient plant, my
Mother's Day Hibiscus
from the McKees has finally
been planted and is happy-
I can tell 'cuz it is still blooming ...............since May! Just beautiful! Thank you one and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

WOOD WORKS

I cleaned the wood shop area;  the tools and the floor, etc so that I could begin work on that burl we acquired a few weeks ago!  It felt so...