Friday, September 7, 2007

Spinnin' and Thinnin''


The super heat of summer has broken and it is nice to be outside working in the yard again! (Isn't it funny to be calling 90 'cool again!') I have been dyeing some superwash wool roving and then spinning it for the past week-I will begin knitting tomorrow as soon as the wool dries-it is the finest sock yarn I have spun yet. (This is not refering to the quality but rather to the thinness of the yarn for you non-knitters!) I was hoping for a little more dimension in the color but it is still a pretty navy color-I am hoping some of the variations of tone will show up when knitting. New skills require a definite learning curve. I know enough to be patient with myself and the fact that nothing is 'ruined' in the process sure does help!

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...