Friday, November 30, 2007

ALMOST RIGHT

It was very exciting to knit this up-but there are too many negative points to keep it-I am going to 'rippit' as soon as I am done with this post!



WHY?!




Because....It is too long in shape-need to remove some of the rows in the spacing, not of the chart work. It is too wide-I like the dimensions of the smaller size after looking at this knit up. I don't like the ribbing the pattern calls for-k3p1-it rolls up and won't lay flat like a k2p2 rib does and it doesn't hug the head like I think it should--------->3 strikes; you're out!




I do like the colors but even there I learned that I need to use the dye board a bit differently-I wrapped the yarn in only one row repeats....I need to wind it at least 3 rows worth of color so I don't get a varigated color pattern when I really want a stripe pattern--I will remedy that on the next batch!
It was such a delight to knit I am not discouraged to do so again....however ripping it out will not be as much fun 'cuz I do not carry yarn more than 3 sts worth on the back-see pic....it will mean I could use another pair of hands to help with the untwisting......Bill will hold a wrapped skein on his hands for me to wind in into a ball when I am away from my skein winder but I can't picture him involved in this activity!
I will keep you posted! (sorry for the pun!)

1 comment:

  1. If you can wait that long, I know someone who would be happy to help you untangle!

    The colorwork itself is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

POST SURGERY TIME

I was able to get a ton of knitting time in  while in the Surgery Center with Bill yesterday!   He did well but it is harder to have surgery...