Wednesday, February 13, 2008

All 80 Blocks Finished!


Every week Mom and I get together to sew. She has made 2 wallhangings and I have been making the same quilt that Tom helped me with on a previous post. Well I finished the 80th block today on our sewing day. When I got ready to take the pic, I noticed that I had sewn the last one wrong! Out with the seam ripper and then I inspected the rest of the pile-no more surprises unless I sew them together wrong in the layout! This is a kit from Hancocks catalog and the colors just thrill me. Will be laying them out and arranging them when DD visits next week.

2 comments:

  1. Only one wrong? How boring. :)

    Can't wait to see the colors in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leave the mistake. I read somewhere that the amish as well as some sort of rug weavers make and leave a mistake in their quilts and rugs to show that they cannot be near God's perfection. Besides, a little mistake can be a wonderful lesson in humility.

    Hmm... starting to sound like someone I know.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FLOWERS ON FRIDAY

But first-yesterday's Shop Hop went well-we discovered a very nice new shop in St Augustine;  always a good find!   What I bought this t...