Saturday, February 16, 2008

Another Northerner Lands


My sister, brother-in-law and 2 neices arrived this afternoon, seeking succor from the brutal weather of Central NY. We greeted her with 80 degrees of sunshine and a light breeze that caresses you instead of knocking the breath from your lungs! We enjoyed a tour of my house and and yard, then to Mom and Dad's (where they will be staying) for dinner. They drove straight down with only a few naps along the way-24hrs-sleeping horizontal while holding still will be a treat tonight!

I knit 2 of these while waiting for my sister and crew to arrive-it is hard to see clearly but it is a palm tree design on another dishcloth from Ravelry KAL. I dyed the yarn for this, too. The green is a lighter shade of sage than I wanted but cotton is harder to get the accurate shade as I use the acid dye I use for my wool. It isn't white ,so it is okay with me.

This is my Mom's work of art. She has made this for a friend who admired a similar one in a craft shop. It has been fun to see it take shape on our sewing days. She did all the piecing and quilting on this 24" wallhanging on her Husqvarna Viking Lily.

(I did the embroidery for her on my Designer SE)

We met a nice group of ladies at a church group where Mom attends here in FL. They had invited her to their charity quilting-they welcomed us like long-lost friends and we had a nice time handsewing some dresden plate blocks together. I will be sharing more from this group as they meet every Friday and we have been invited back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

SOME KNITTING TIME

I will be working on my sock knitting today since I will be in the waiting room for quite a while;   Bill is having surgery to remove his ga...