Friday, February 29, 2008

A QUILTING BEE!



I have never been part of a quilting bee-you know, the old fashioned sit around the frame and hand quilt with other women kind of quilting bee---->until today! Mom, neighbor Millie and I went and had the time of our lives. Many of the other women hadn't done hand quilting either so we were guided along by one of the more experienced members. Mom and I had read about quilting bees so were able to share this first for each other together which made it all the more special. It was all we had hoped it would be!
These ladies are finishing the piecing on the girl's quilt and then they are going to mount it on the second set of frames so it will be ready to quilt when we are!


Next week I will be in Georgia visiting my daughter and family so I will miss the weekly session but since there is another crib-sized quilt that needs doing , there will be more gatherings for me to participate in. Since most of these ladies are neighbors of my Mom, she is going to go while I am gone-that's the way , Mom!

3 comments:

  1. Ooo, I don't quilt but it sounds like fun! Kind of like knit-n-natter but all working on one project!

    Thanks for your advice on my beret - I'm of the "if in doubt, don't" philosphy too; the beret is still waiting on the edge of the frogpond and I'm waiting till I 'know' what is right!

    Have a great time at your daughter's place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that you guys got to go to the quilting bee, and that you got to do it together, besides ...Ingeborg would be pleased! :)

    Can't wait until you get here...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like so much fun. I love your haircut.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

WOOD WORKS

I cleaned the wood shop area;  the tools and the floor, etc so that I could begin work on that burl we acquired a few weeks ago!  It felt so...