Monday, March 3, 2008

A Quilt Block

Helped Mom today..............it is such a sacrifice to sew with her!


Her minister is moving to a different church and the ladies (the very same women of the quilting bee group) wanted to make a quilt to say thank you for his time there. The 10 1/2" blocks could be decorated anyway you wanted -just had to leave 1/2" all around for seam allowance. We decided on this design; mixing machine embroidery with machine applique-do you get the hidden message? A snowflake is above the birds to represent the fact that Dad and Mom are snowbirds-most of the congregation is! ( You do know that northerners who winter down here in sunny Florida are known as snowbirds for their migratory ways!)
We were pleased with our afternoon's work.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, that's really pretty. And I love the snowflake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out great! ...and how nice to have a good excuse to sew together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful. I'm going to need written instructions exactly how to make that block.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...