Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Tablerunner Tuesday


Here is the fruit of Tuesday's sewing day. Mom and I taught each other how to do freeform cutting and curved sewing. We made 12 blocks to sew into a tablerunner. It was a bit intimidating to cut and sew free form but wonderful to cut the oversized blocks which come out a bit crooked and then when we squared them up-wow-it looked like we had sewn these amazing curved blocks. Who says it is hard to sew curves..........this was a breeze.


While we were in sewing, the guys were up on the roof taking down an old, unused chimney-they broke it up, tossed it to the ground and then loaded it on the tractor bucket to take it out back to use for fill. A productive day all around-oh, yeah, lunch was out on the patio, BLTs and a balmy 80 degrees made for a nice backdrop.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...