Saturday, March 1, 2008

Vero Beach Visit

Here is another first of a different kind. Today we drove a pleasant 3 hours south of our home to visit Bill's oldest sister and husband who are in Vero Beach.


We went to lunch at an outdoor local Italian Festival, and enjoyed great food and a my favorite was the fried dough they called zeppoli. To work off the good food, we went to the beach for a vigorous walk and saw a beautiful dragon kite high above the crowd.


The water is much deeper there than at our beach producing the more tropical shades of blue; also the shoreline was steeper but walk we did and caught up on each other's family news. Later we went back to their condo and played Wahoo. They had never heard of the game but were willing to learn-it brought back good memories of long ago when Bill and I were just dating and very often would spend an evening of games and good food with them. By the way, the guys took the first game but we did manage to come out ahead in the second!


Thank you for the invite sister-in-law; we had a wonderful time!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you got to spend time with them! Their beach is lovely, too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely views! Good times!

    Short sleeves in Florida in winter; no wonder so many people want to move there!

    Here in Australia it's autumn [since 1 March] and today is warmer than some of the days we had in summer!! Strange weather all over the world! Bet the people in northern states of USA aren't thinking about global warming!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...