Saturday, March 22, 2008

Wild Horses, Water Pipes and Tractor Rides


This is what we had for an early morning adventure-a neigbors horses escaped and visited the rye grass Bill has planted out back for the deer. The owners soon caught up and took them back to their own pasture.....the grass is always greener on the other side!
We encouraged the horses farther out back until the owners arrived....we didn't want any garden guests......
The men gathered around to finish digging the ditch to connect the water from the well to the house (it will house the water pipe and the wiring-no freeze level worries here!) Bill, my Dad and son-in-law , Bruce are at work.

Tom comes running when he sees me-he likes to be in the middle of the action, but being separated from me was too much-he made the 4' jump to be with me-a real RinTinTin moment!Notice the guys just kept on working when they saw me but that is another story!


Reward at the end of a day...........nothing beats a John Deere ride. (Note the tractor is not as shiny as last year this time....it is a work horse!)

2 comments:

  1. It never ends, does it? Always something to do.

    Have a happy, holy and restful Easter Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a wonderful visit -- thank you -- now I am already counting down to your April visit up here!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

ALMOST A TOP!

  I have all of the pieces blocks finished  and the borders are cut but nothing is sewn to its neighbor yet  but that is on the schedule for...