Monday, April 7, 2008

A FIELD TRIP



No,it isn't 1740, but we did take a field trip today to Fort Matanzas with friends and despite the gloomy weather we had a great time!


Our trip started with a boat ride down the Matanzas River to the Fort.



A nice guide presented a great slice of history for us about this Spanish outpost.




We climbed up to the roof for a good stiff breeze with a view!



Bob and Judy, Cindy and Bill --->we figured out that we have

been friends for 24 years..........cool, huh!?

The Lord makes a bond for life and then eternity!



No, they aren't trying to figure out where we are but it sure looks that way!



After our return trip we took a brief hike down the boardwalk to the beach and then back to the car to escape the wind-it had a bite even tho the temp was 70.


Judy and I stayed on the boardwalk while the guys braved the wind and went down to explore along the shore-it was pretty empty there today.

Finished this pair of shorty socks while in the car. It is superwash wool I spun in November. I knit them toe up-always a good mindless project. (Going to start another pair tonight.)

We closed out the day with dinner at Corky Bells, a restaurant on the St Johns River in Palatka. It was too chilly for us to walk along the pier at the marina right in front of the restaurant but we had a great dinner and the company was suberb! We are all lumping in front of the tv now for the final game of March Madness (guys wonder why women don't 'get' sports but why does March madness finish in April now-it isn't a women who organized this!!!!)

3 comments:

  1. Some people are timeless!

    So glad you got to spend a couple of days together...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Cindy, for the pictures.
    Neal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent choice of restaurants, if I do say so myself. Sharon Dix

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FLOWERS ON FRIDAY

But first-yesterday's Shop Hop went well-we discovered a very nice new shop in St Augustine;  always a good find!   What I bought this t...