Saturday, April 5, 2008

Garden Fresh




We have eaten a few cherry tomatoes from our garden and even some radishes. We have learned that our soil is very acidic and needs quite a bit of sweetening before it will flourish. Right now, all the squash are starting to run and with several occasions of rain recently it is starting to look healthy. Also, the area vegetable stands are full of local grown choices like sweet corn and beets-We had beet greens last night and just look at the color:

They tasted as good as they looked. They were labor intensive for washing-each leaf had to have a personal rinse front and back because the sand clung to it securely! It was worth it! Oh, and the sweet corn-well it was the best, as all first-of-the-season is!

I have been knitting these short socks. Sometimes the even knit of plain socks is just the right project.....

even, smooth and rhythmic; stitch by stitch socks appear under my needles.

(Toe-up and short row heel on #2 needles.)

1 comment:

  1. Sweet corn sounds wonderful...perhaps you could bring some up when you come in a couple of weeks...pretty please?!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

POST SURGERY TIME

I was able to get a ton of knitting time in  while in the Surgery Center with Bill yesterday!   He did well but it is harder to have surgery...