Monday, April 28, 2008

Woman Stuff



I need to mop my kitchen and bathroom floor more often here because of the sand and more specifically, because of the black dirt in the sand. I just couldn't stand the cost of the cleaner and mop refills for my Clorox Ready Mop and so I have made my own-I cut up a few dollar store microfiber towels, serged the edges and no more mop head replacements! For the cleaner solution, I mix 1 tsp of Clorox bleach and 1 tbsp of Dawn dish detergent in an old dispenser-I squirt it out on the floor and mop away. When finished, I toss the dirty towel in the laundry and the floor is clean and disinfected at a fraction of the cost-it dries quickly and without a stickiness that retail cleaners can leave! I like a clean house and love being able to attain it without the dollars going down the drain! Give it a try!


While the floors are drying I put together the 63 blocks for the golf quilt....from the design board to the blocks.....I am making progress!

3 comments:

  1. I was just sighing over my kitchen floor this morning...you know what an ordeal it is to clean that tile I have...!

    The golf quilt is looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a clever cookie, aren't you? They say necessity is the mother of invention - I think you've just proved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea.... i've been looking for a better way to clean our kitchen tile. Thanks for the tip!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...