Tuesday, May 20, 2008

New Wheels!



Bill and I started car hunting on our anniversary (May 1) and yesterday we picked up our new purchase! It is a Toyota Yaris sedan. We are going to double our gas mileage with this little guy. Amazingly, it has more leg room for Bill than my Amanti and the ride is equal to the larger car. The designers did many things right with this car. The dealership in Daytona called and we went and transferred our paperwork, said goodbye to my last car [I do bond with my vehicles and it is hard to say goodbye!), here is the old (the silver one) and the new (red) waiting for me.....]


and drove to the beach----> when you are that close to the ocean you have to visit! We had a relaxing walk along the shore and then sat and watched the pelicans have a feeding feast. They would fly about 20' above the water and dive straight down and catch something everytime! We would see them tip their heads back and swallow each time; the seagulls hung around them hoping they would drop something-it was very entertaining-sorry that there are no pictures, I left the camera back in the new car! Bill drove home from Daytona last night but I am going to find an excuse to drive it myself this morning, I think a trip to the library calls!

1 comment:

  1. Cherry red? Next, you'll be getting a Harley! By the way, your gas mileage would be even better with a motorcycle, though I don't think they make saddle bags that will fit your Viking on one side and your serger on the other! You could get cool leather jackets and form a gang called Feed Dog Hogs! Congrats, and welcome to Japanese design:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...