Thursday, May 8, 2008

A Yarn Begins...


The brown and pink yarn is ready for the needles....now to decide on a pattern.

I need to promote swatching at this time! I love to pick up needles that fit the yarn's weight and cast on 25 stitches or so and just knit-I get the feel of the yarn and how it works. I had thought to knit this into a short, lace cardigan for Abigail but the lace work looked too thick and the colors caused the lace to get lost so I scrapped that idea; tried just stockinette but while it looked good, I am afraid I would get bored so I tried some cable work and now I think Ihave it-a stockinette body of the sweater with a cable edge all around! Now to The Sweater Wizard for the pattern tweaking and I will be knitting in no time. I have my gauge now 'cuz I have played with a swatch-see it really is a good idea! Swatching isn't a waste of time-it really saves time in the long run!

I have another quilt on the frame just waiting for me to figure out the quilting designs.....

I made 2 pillowcases for a couple of boys at church and forgot to photograph them-you would think I would remember to do that by now! It was made out of some dinosaur fabric with a black band and I embroidered their names on it . I had made a skirt like Abigail's ( the pink and brown one that inspired this yarn) for their big sister so I felt I needed to give them something, too.

Matthew and Caleb called and said they are going to stop in for supper tonight if I am willing, since they both have to work this Sunday........sounds good to me! I am off to make cookies and rolls to go with the chicken dinner!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a pleasant day all the way around!

    Love the color of the yarn, and it looks so soft, even in the picture...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...