Saturday, June 28, 2008

Day Two

We had a stay close to home day. First thing this morning, David and I made some banana bread.



Abigail and I went to the library when the bread was done while Bill and David worked on the boat-Bill is still going through all of the systems.




We got some outdoor time in before the afternoon rains admiring my new gates


It sure does boost the entrance to the property-I can't wait for it to be finished! Yes, I can because it already looks so much prettier!

While it was raining and thundering and lightening out the kids settled in for a good play with the 'new' toys we have in a chest just for them. This amazing creation is David's army helicopter to match the one from the toy chest. He is very good at engineering-imagine that!

We had a long walk after dinner and even had a shell hunt-David hid some of the seashells (ones he found at the beach yesterday) in the yard and we 'found' them. Bath, books and bed soon to follow, my daughter has a great routine established and there is no bedtime struggles....nice way to end the day!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your day with us...it's such a good way to take care of separation-angst!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...