Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Rain and Its Results




For several days we were blessed with the rains in their season..........it is a delight to see how green everything turns! The tree frogs immediately sing their appreciation and the rain lilies blossom. It is supposed to rain for a bit every afternoon in the summer but we never got the summer rains last year and it has been very dry this spring, too. In fact, a rancher at church has said the cattle are on critical alert from lack of rain so while I enjoy the benefits to my yard, he needs it to keep his cattle alive...........perspective.
This rainbow marked the end of the rain..........they are so beautiful. The termperatures dropped from 95 down to 85 after the rain 'cooled' things off; in case you were wondering!


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Do the rain lilies have a scent?

    ReplyDelete
  2. no smell----very few of the showy blooms do have scents here we have found....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...