Friday, June 20, 2008

Summer Vacation

Our first night on the road we stayed in Winchester, Virginia, and found in the morning that we had parked near this mulberry tree that was loaded with berries! We added a bit of fruit to our morning before we hit the road!



For Father's Day, my brother invited us all to his home for an afternoon cook-out. Bill and I enjoyed a boat ride on my brother's new boat, here is his middle son serving in the role of first mate.
We toured the Seneca River ,


across the State Ditch bypass,
where my sons used to jump into the river many long years ago...........


and into Cross Lake. A storm kicked up and we got a bit wet fromt he rain but outran the thunder and lightening much to my Mom's relief!

My youngest neice got to be captain for a while and she did wonderfully for her first voyage!

My sister and her girls made up the rest of the tour group!
Amanda and I were just grateful not to get seasick! It was a great tour, thanks Bob!

Can you see what kind of bird this is? My brother and sister in law enjoy this sight and sound off their deck.


We saw so many rainbows- I didn't have a camera with me for all of them but we enjoyed each and every one! They never fail to amaze me with their beauty . This rainbow held its own even as the sky darkened and yes, the sky was red-tinged-wow, huh?!















This was a full arch and I tried to capture both halves while sitting and waiting in the Walmart parking lot!
Mom and I enjoyed two days of sewing and learning-trying new techniques are always more fun with a friend! We started this table runner-two more blocks to go!















Each of us made a sewing caddy for ourselves..........the results belie the 'huh?!' factor just hours before!


Forest fires plague drought ridden southern North Carolina; this was taken from I 95 S-smoke was present along the highway but not a hazard.

It is good to be home..............thank you family for a great week.

3 comments:

  1. You got to invade our NY family...now you have to prepare to be invaded by your GA family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures. I especially liked the excursion on your brother's boat (gorgeous boat BTW!). Made me quite nostalgic for rivers and lakes. The ocean is wonderful in its own way, but . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures are beautiful---I realize that better blogs have better pictures--and I love your sewing ideas--you seem to get them done so quickly!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...