Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Gator Sighting!



I finished the alligator scarf! Didn't he turn out cute! One thing about being in the car all the time is that I can do my knitting at least-


I sat down to do some sewing this afternoon and the power went out! I did manage to get some borders cut for the red and white quilt to work on some day-I had to be creative for the power outage! This is a pillowcase for a young man at church that is leaving Friday for college-it is in his school colors of purple/gold. The lettering was done with purple behind the stitching so I cut the top layer to see the purple beneath-it fuzzed up after trimming-just the look I imagined so I was glad it worked out.
Our permit paperwork is submitted to the county, the contractor is hired for cement slab and the framing. We are ready to begin next week, Lord willing!

5 comments:

  1. The title of your post had me going...I was picturing a grab-the-cats-and-run kind of story -- the actual one is much nicer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That alligator scarf is unbelievably cute. Very realistic looking too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Where'd ya get the pattern [please]?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pattern is from an on-line source, Morehouse Farm Yarn and here is the link-http://www.morehousefarm.com/KnittingKits/Scarves/Alligator/ which you will have to copy and paste! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I laughed out loud when I saw the gator!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...