Friday, July 11, 2008

A Good Day

I had a great day yesterday cleaning and sewing........sewing until my back ached and then unkinking it with a good bout of housecleaning! No it isn't that the cleaning itself is fun but it is the road you must take to get to an orderly home and so it is path I take!
I am sewing on the red and white quilt and had a bit of a roadblock thinking I had figured wrong on the nine patch blocks and didn't have enough to finish. As the fat quarters are all gone this was quite the roadblock. I set it aside and cleaned up the room and went to fix dinner. Sometimes a rest is the best creative solution. This morning I saw that my problem was not that I had too few blocks but that I had laid it out wrong is all! A brief rearrangement and all was again well......... Last evening Bill and I watched a taped episode of Masterpiece Theater called My Boy, Jack. It is a rousing movie about the segment of Rudyard Kipling's life when his son is old enough to go to WWI . Highly recommend you catch it! We only watched the first hour of it because we started watching it late and it became bedtime and we didn't want to miss any by falling asleep! To be continued tonight. This is what I worked on while watching the movie.......-it is called Morning Surf Scarf featured in the latest issue of SpinOff magazine. I had downloaded a picture of it a year ago and was delighted to see it highlighted in the magazine-lots of room for experimentation -meaty!
When it is blocked when finished, the bubbles are flattened a bit and it looks a bit like a modernized lace scarf! Yes, it is a fast knit with an easy to memorize pattern-is there any other kind I would do?!
Well, today I am painting in the batchroom to give it some character-inch by inch I am adding color to all the white walls of this house! The space is cramped in the bathroom but I am enjoying an audio book in the Amelia Peabody series which distracts me while painting. Bill is at an auction for farm equipment with our neighbor all day. Will post pics of the transformation tomorrow .

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

ALMOST A TOP!

  I have all of the pieces blocks finished  and the borders are cut but nothing is sewn to its neighbor yet  but that is on the schedule for...