Thursday, July 10, 2008

Just Puttering Around

I have been sewing again now that the house is quiet! Had a young friend in from church and taught her how to sew on the serger........she took to it fearlessly! She made 2 skirts for herself and one for another littler girl -very powerful to witness the birth of a seamstress!I made these pillowcases out of leftovers from the batick quilt; it is now all dressed and ready to be visited-this is the guest room/sewing room , you know!



I was piecing away while she was working and finished all the blocks of red and white quilt. Trying to arrange them into some kind of order and will hopefully finish the top soon.
Speaking of finishing up, Mom finished the table runner we started last month-wow is all I can say-you outdid yourself! This is paper pieced and has set in curved blocks....very challenging and you nailed it! While I am on the subject of another's masterpiece, I will share with you what Jared (our oldest son) is doing on his new business at Professional Chimney Solutions..........it also includes masonry work such as this........not just chimney work, installations and repairs. Do you see the influence of my quilting-just piecing another medium, right! I definitely think I passed it on to him! Great work Jared and Jason(his business partner)!

And talking of sons, if you find yourself passing through Lake City, Florida, stop in and see the Sherwin Williams new assistant manager, Caleb! He is learning the ropes of the new store and responsiblities while driving back and forth from Ocala for now (1 1/2hr trip!) but will be making a house move in the next few weeks. Congratulations son, we are happy for you!


Happy Birthday to my brother-in-law, Chuck! Happy 42nd to you!


3 comments:

  1. Wow, this post was full of all sorts of tasty tidbits!!!

    The kids were really excited to see "their" bed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chuck said thanks for the b'day wishes! Love your guest room - looks very inviting! Con

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a creative family - that wall is fabulous; congratulations Jared. And your mum's [Aussie spelling, sorry] table runner - lovely.

    Thank you from all the people your 'pupil' will bless with her skills in the future.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...