Thursday, July 24, 2008

Multi-tasking!

Thanks to some inspiration from a blog friend, Wool Enough and Time, I have sat back down at the spinning wheel and am wondering how I could have stopped my spinning time each day?! I am spinning up the rest of the merino/silk blend I started back in January and it has got to be my best work yet. It is very relaxing.

The gator scarf is moving right along.............he sure does have character, doesn't he? I love it when you hit a place in the pattern when you don't need to read instructions and you can just knit and be. I think there are a lot of these little critters to be knit before I am done with this pattern. The quilt it coming to life right before my eyes. I have finished the cross-hatching of the applique blocks and now I am working on the borders and sashing-I had to take the quilt off the frame and turn it to do this part now. It is more efficient to be able to work on long horizontal areas than to have to keep winding the quilt vertically.........well, trust me this is the way to do it. After the quilt is finished, I will soak it to remove the blue marking lines which I used to follow for my quilting lines. It is going well and I so glad to finally move it from its place in a box and to finish it. Unfinished projects call your name and ridicule you so you know what how much it means to me to silence a 'voice' that is many years old!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilt as always. I know what you mean about unfinished projects bugging you. Why blue lines and not freezer paper?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ~The luster on that roving is gorgeous, even in the picture.

    ~Again I say, the alligator scarf is So great! (I think it goes without saying that the grandson will need one...)

    ~And the quilt is stunning. Can't wait to see it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt blocks are 16" across-blue lines and a ruler was the way to go. I used tear away stabilizer on the fancy stitches in the border but the freezer paper wouldn't have stuck to the 3D blocks anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. For some reason, maybe I was too tired, I didn't 'get' that alligator scarf when I saw it a couple of days ago! But today it's so obvious. It's quite an unusual design that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...