Saturday, July 12, 2008

A P.S.


I ripped out the scarf I started the other evening 'cuz it was too wide to be a neck scarf and I would have run out of yarn at the wider width. I will try again but I will pick a lighter movie to knit to. Marsel says she told me the end of the My Son Jack movie was sobering but I must have missed the caveat and plunged into the second part last night quite ignorantly. Bill had to get up and walk away and not watch. Life is stark sometimes and since it was a 'real' event Bill said I couldn't rewrite the ending like I usually do on movies I think have fallen short of my expectations.
I rewrote the ending anyway! It was necessary for my mental health. We all cope some way and that worked for me.
So , am I saying you shouldn't watch the movie after my initial raves.....no, just be an informed participant. I did go on the internet and look up the life of Rudyard Kipling and learned that his struggles are still the struggles we face today. Does one event shape our whole lives? How do you sum up a whole life? Good questions still linger with me today.
I still wish I could unravel the movie like I did the scarf.......
No, really, I am glad I watched the movie and I will be richer for knowing what he went through.
There is just so much to lose when you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...