Thursday, July 31, 2008

Son II Settled In

We got Matthew all moved into his new house today.........by the way, Bill and I are taking a vacation from our moving van business if you are thinking of scheduling a move with our help, we must decline!

Matthew used to be 5 minutes from his Sherwin Williams store, but the new house is now about 20 minutes away. He doesn't mind the extra minutes in exchange for the larger and more private living space.

This is what we saw upon our arrival this morning...Matthew and his co-worker , Mark, who also works for Sherwin Williams as a salesman and is also renting the house with Matthew, had moved 99% of the stuff out of their apartment already so all we had to do was load it up and haul it out!




With the storm clouds threatening, we decided we had to make 2 runs after all for not all the stuff would fit on the first load.
I volunteered to stay behind and keep watch over the remaining treasures........I had my knitting and chocolate-what more could I need?!
This is Mark's dog, faithful sidekick , Nicco, who helped me stay behind to guard the goods........ Load number 2........

and then head 'em out and wagon , ho!

The new house! (sorry for this view of Bill.........I didn't notice it when I took the pic!)
Side yard is a large forest........
Down the street are just a few neighbors......
The living room is the first room you walk into..........


then on into the diningroom ,


......and out to the patio or


........ into the kitchen, note the door next to the fridge-it's a pantry-they have so much room in the kitchen now-it is huge compared to most apartments......


Matthew's bedroom and master bath...........


Mark's room , only slightly smaller than Matthew's-belive me, they measured! is to the right of the livingroom and next to this, the spare room /office.......



Here is the garage which also has an entrance to the house through their laundry room. I thought I had a pic of that but I can't find it!


The electricity wasn't on when we moved in-the power company said it would be today, they just couldn't tell you when............! Matthew called and it came on at 5:00- at least it was still light out even with all the rain falling outside! Matthew treated us to a late lunch and then we hit the road for our little abode. Glad we are close enough to be involved in the boys lives....even if it does tire us out!


(Sorry this took so long to post, for those of you who knew I was posting an hour ago-Bill is bringing in the washer and dryer 'cuz our old ones went to caleb/matthew and I needed the ones from storage brought in for me! I had to 'hold and go get' sporadically during the whole process--the specialty of all good wives!) Here is a pic of the new set up of the old machines-------------->

(Yes, that is my old Ashford spinning wheel and chair.........they will be out in their place of honor when we add some more room!)

1 comment:

  1. His new place is lovely! Can't wait to poke around it in person, but thanks for the photos so that I can picture him in his new place until then!

    I bet you two will sleep like rocks tonight...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...