Monday, July 28, 2008

Son III Moves to His Own Place

Caleb is all moved in to his new address in Lake City! We had a fun day and added quitet a few miles to our trucking experience! Here is our caravan arriving to his humble abode.
We ran into a bit of rain but did get everything in before we got soaked. The trailer has done its share of hauling and it comes through again.
We stocked the kitchen with a few basics thanks to the local WalMart......Caleb will have to add to his supplies over the next few weeks. He was given a dining room table and chairs.............

and a couch and loveseat for starters. He fit pretty nicely-picture him here each night!

He has a bit of a backyard and enough of a patio for his grill.

He is using his garage for a weight room and laundry room for now-not to much call for keeping the garage in out of the weather since it is always nice! We had only a small pile of leftovers -we made good use of all his space.

I didn't get a picture of his bedroom-it didn't get put together before I left but it is a good size with 2 large closets; ditto for the spare bedroom-it will be used for his computer and has a futon in there for future visits.
We got a mini tour of his new town, had dinner at the only chinese restaurant, a visit to his Sherwin Williams store, met a co-worker and had a lot of laughs! It is good to see our youngest all settled in his new digs. What a great moving day ---> let's do it again on Thursday!

3 comments:

  1. Are you now 'empty nesters'? I always assumed you already were - don't know why!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have mixed emotions seeing him standing in the doorway of his own place...I expect you felt the same way...it's mostly wonderful, of course, but a little bittersweet to see our last boy all grown up and on his own! :)

    I can't wait to visit him -- thanks for sharing the pictures so that I can picture him in the proper surroundings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes , Lynne, we have been empty nesters for a year--the 2 youngest have been sharing an apt but now they will each be on their own-another big step! Thanks for asking1

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

WOOD WORKS

I cleaned the wood shop area;  the tools and the floor, etc so that I could begin work on that burl we acquired a few weeks ago!  It felt so...