Monday, September 15, 2008

A New Week

I have a new quilt on the frame........my neighbor, Millie, has been piecing up a storm and needs to get them through their final step -machine quilting! She has done the smaller ones on her own sewing machine (using a walking foot) but it isn't easy to do such a large one that way. She had asked me when I first started using my frame in March, if I would do it for her but I just didn't have the skills; I am ready to try it now. We loaded her king-sized quilt on my frame Saturday. The loading was so much easier with a friend! I worked a bit on Sat. and quite a bit today and all I have left to do are the two side borders. Just love to do the quilting thing!
This is still just sitting and bringing beauty to the room. I will wind it up into 2 balls (for socks)tonight while we watch football!

Bill spent the day doing this....... nailing some more hurricane straps but this time from the ladder-just to add a bit of variety to his day!



The men were putting up plywood on the walls and roof. The worked in 94 degrees of sunshine today......needless to say, they go through a lot of water! The stats for inquiring minds=they covered 16 of the 45 trusses on the roof!
We have been without rain for a week again and so Bill needs to do this again, too.

1 comment:

  1. Shows how big that garage is when Dad looks small up there!!! It's coming along so well!

    I love the colors in Millie's quilt. Glad you guys have been having fun with it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...