Saturday, October 4, 2008

Artoberfest & Quilt Show

I did a marathon of quilting the tablerunners this morning...........sent two home with Mom for bindings. I have my other one to do still.

Washed my knitted bowl and set it out to dry.

In the afternoon, Mom and I left for Artoberfest! My quilt didn't win but I did get a good review with no negative grades so I am pleased and don't regret entering it. (Remind me of this when they have their next show in March!)
This one is the winner in my category-it is worthy of the honor. (I am sorry I didn't write the winners names down.)
This one took first place in the applique category.

Another favorite of mine.
We walked to the local quilt shop and then did a lot of this-knitting and people watching!

Here are a few pics for the car buffs........they were beautiful! Too bad I can't record the sound of the engines purring for you! We got to the show in the later afternoon and when we walked by all the cars the first time there were about 40-50 of them but I didn't take any pics then-look how many had cleared out when we walked back and hour later! Glad I was able to shoot a few pics then anyway. I tried to get one for each generation!
An excellent day was had by all............

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the good review for your quilt. It's lovely. I like the one with the herons too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like such a fun day! Glad your quilt was well received; now you're done with that scary first try. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your first entry to a competition. Good comments always inspire one to try again! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt is beautiful. Sometimes the competitiion is just steep. Don't give up entering, it could win in the next show. I always learn from the judges comments, & have improved becaue of them. I prefer that they tell me if something isn't right so I can fix it the next time around.

    It looks like you had a good time. Your bowl looks like something my cat would like to curl up in! It looks cozy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FABRIC FORTUNES

I enjoyed a day at home yesterday!  It has been a long time since I had a relaxing day at home!  I cleaned (which I like to do!) and launder...