Friday, October 3, 2008

Friday Finesse

We started the day with a delivery of asphalt millings to extend the driveway to the garage.

Bill got it all smoothed out and contoured so the water will flow off and not pool anywhere.

I finished knitting the bowl -just needs a good wash with the jeans!

My Dad cleaned all the 'rooms' and stacked all the left over building materials while Bill worked on the driveway.
During yesterday's car ride, I started a new sweater for Abigail. Yes, it is the same wool I had started a sweater with before but it bombed--so glad yarn is reusable! This is an old pattern that my Mom has knit for me as a child, I knit it lots of times for my daughter and now have the pleasure of knitting it for her daughter! (We had a great time with Caleb btw.)

Today, I finished Mom's quilt and it is off the frame and back in her hands to add the binding.

We also sewed two more tablerunners today .....I have the first one loaded on the quilting frame and will hopefully finish up at least two of the four tomorrow before we head off the the first ever Artoberfest in Palatka--where I will see my quilt on display. ( A ribbon would just be a bonus!)

3 comments:

  1. Your sewing machine must be smoking-with all the progress you are making. Are you sure you don't want to keep your Mom and Dad down there-sounds like you've had a great time with them both and accomplished alot. Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish G & G could swing back by my house on their way north to let me touch & feel the finished projects!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...