Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Home Sweet Home

It is good to rediscover home........cleaning chores are done, well, caught up for the moment and it was time to explore the yard.
The early camilias are out......
another bromeliad is in bloom.

The temperatures have dipped a bit from before we left.....down in the 50's last night-and only in the mid 60's right now--good thing the weather at Marsel's prepared us. But when the temps dip, the oranges begin to ripen and turn orange!


I finished spinning the Lucy fiber-the second pic is blurry but it is the true color so I have left it here. I am going to knit it up into one of my little original cell phone 'purse'.

I mailed out the final Autumn tablerunner; this one was made with a charm pack instead of yardage. I sewed it at Marsel's but waited to quilt it here on the frame. Will definitely work on expanding this great design for other seasons-it was way too fun and yielded such great results.

The suffolk wool is being blended with a recent purchase of alpaca-I am spinning up a sample and need to ply it to see how it turns out..........of course, the dye pot will be next cuz the color is too boring! I haven't every dyed a batt but I am tempted to try as it is so plain while spinning.

The girl gator scarf is growing!
I pulled my old wicker furniture out of storage and arranged it on my new veranda........it needs a bit of repair due to shrinkage of some of the trim but it is fixable--the cushions will be recovered with the orange fabric on the last pic. (Bill and I figured out that we purchased this furniture when we bought our old farmhouse in NY 20 years ago! It has faithfully held kids, cats, dogs and guests --it, too, deserves a good retirement home........I can hear it sigh as it savors its new role!)

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you've accomplished a lot since you got home! ...I've accomplished much less sewing since you left, but I can't imagine why?! :)

    The wicker set looks very happy to be included in your retirement...although it's a little strange to see it looking so sedate! You need to have Baker come climb up on it when he thinks no one is looking, the boys come to full-force-flop their six feet of body mass down on it and all of us come and drop all of our stuff on it so it doesn't forget the hardworking olden days. :)

    Really, though, the new fabric is a fun perker-upper and it looks very southernly proper on the verandah...nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colours are just what every female 'gator will be wearing this season!! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

POST SURGERY TIME

I was able to get a ton of knitting time in  while in the Surgery Center with Bill yesterday!   He did well but it is harder to have surgery...