Friday, October 31, 2008

A Good Day Ahead

I finished the Lucy fiber project-a wee cell phone 'purse'. I am mailing it back to the blogger I won it from!
Jared and Krystle received their tablerunner and have it on their diningroom table! Thanks for the picture, it is nice to connect you guys!


Bill has the garden all planted-this was a sunset shot--see how much of a 'hill' we have at our property! Well, it is for these parts!
I finished a slipcover for an IKEA chair for a friend..........always up for a challenge, you know! The chair has a cushion that slips in the bottom for shape and comfort-it looks a bit limp like this but will be a nice cocoon for her teenager now that it matches her room!

I got a bit adventurous after watching a Sewing with Nancy segment (304) and pulled out my embellisher machine and a piece of canvas and did a kind of crazy patch with fabrics and only a touch of wool. I have to do some free motion embroidery on it today , add some hot-fix crystals and it will be complete............well, I am going to back it and make it a pillow because it has to be useful--one of my problems with things artsy-what is it for?!!!! Give me time to grow into this new realm.......... Working on the slipcovers for the wicker chairs today................hope to have them on the porch by this afternoon! And then we will be organizing the 'treasures' we hauled out of storage for the community garage sale tomorrow! I will sit and spin/knit with my wares........hopefully Bill won't bring home too many new treasures! I found my rocking chair (purchased when pregnant for my second child who is now 28!) and did a bit of cleaning up-mold tries to claim anything in storage around here! I am trying to decide to paint it or not; the darker wood will just have to grow on my or get lightened up. I do have enough of the wicker cushion fabric to make it match at least. Looking forward to a great day ahead-hope you are , too!

3 comments:

  1. "it has to be useful--one of my problems with things artsy-what is it for?"

    That sounds like me. I used to paint landscapes but there are only so many paintings one can put on a wall! I wanted to make 'art dolls' but my 'useful' streak wants them to be, well, useful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As usual, so much accomplished in your neck of the woods!!!

    It's great to see the rocking chair again -- all of us spent quite a few hours in that chair through the years! Even David recognized it -- "Hey, I know that chair from Grandpa's farm"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that a giant bird in the garden?

    Nice table runner & crazy patch!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...