Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Packing Up to Head North-a Little

My parents are on their way North; we had a wonderful visit!
I am packing up for our own shorter trip North to visit daughter and family in Georgia! I have piles like this all around the house. Sewing and knitting comes first and then if there is room enough; clothes! My priorities are straight after all. speaking of clothes, we do have to dig out long pants and long sleeves which we haven't worn since we were visiting her in April!

Bill is closing up the yellow house where my parents stay. He has closed up our addition and mowed our lawns so we are all ready to head out tomorrow morning.
I finished quilting the American Heroes Quilt and have it in the pile to go so Marsel and I can sew the binding on it and send it out.
I did a bit of playing with some of the Lucy fiber I won on a blog drawing. She is a beauty of a cat, a sealpoint Ragdoll with bright blue eyes. I picked some merinos in bluish grays to blend on the drumcarder with her fluff and have a delightful cloud of fiber to spin. This will wait until after the trip to become yarn.
Found these on the walk to the mailbox this morning.........the season is subtle but available to the watchful! I will keep you posted from Georgia where we are going to visit a Quilt show and a working dairy farm and fill up our grandparent tanks!

3 comments:

  1. Are you here yet?! Who needs to sleep tonight -- why not drive straight through and surprise us on the doorstep first thing tomorrow morning?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oo! Glad you have priorities straight! In 2006 DD was most amazed when we went on a week's spring vacation to a cabin by the beach and I took a laundry basket full of yarn on the basis that I didn't know what I'd want to knit while there!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot to say have a great trip. Godspeed.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

BLUE SKIES, BLUE WAVES

We were in St Augustine yesterday for an appointment for Bill and when we arrived, the receptionist informed us that the doctor (surgeon) ha...