Friday, November 21, 2008

Landscaping Trip

A friend from church offered us all the plants she wanted weaned from her yard. Gardening quickly outgrows its parameters here! Bill provided the muscle for digging up and out and I potted them and hauled them to the truck. After a few hours work we had this-
and to think we almost didn't bring the truck! My little car wouldn't have done the same amount of work! We went to the beach (Daytona)as long as we were so close..........we are not being as good lately about our pledge to each other to get to the beach at least once a month. It was a good walk and very relaxing to be there.
I finished piecing the Mystery Christmas Quilt before we left.............now I have to finish the quilt on the frame so I can do this one! This is a good problem!

Vehicle time means knitting time......finished one sleeve and started the other. I will try to have this done in time for David's visit next week!

Bill has been brushing Bling every day to try to reduce the hairball problem this kitty has. I carded the brushings (an ounce) and added some wool (for a 50/50 blend ) to get just the right color.......I didn't even disturb his nap for the picture! I will spin up a nice fine weight yarn for a little pouch momento of this feline!

2 comments:

  1. Lots of fun stuff!

    I love the Bling fiber -- his colors are just as lovely in the fiber-process as they are on him! (but don't tell him I said so)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Just as well you took the truck! We call them 'utes' in Australia; short for 'utility vehicles'.

    Bling is one cute cat!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FABRIC FORTUNES

I enjoyed a day at home yesterday!  It has been a long time since I had a relaxing day at home!  I cleaned (which I like to do!) and launder...