Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Packing Day!

I realized I didn't post a full-sized pic of the mystery Christmas quilt, so here it is. It has been returned to its 'going to GA' pile. I drew the panto for this-a large poinsettia and I moved the panto design back and forth for each row to offset it-a bit of fussing but worth it to get the look I wanted. Kind of hard to see but its there!
I finished the Psalm quilt and it is now all wrapped to be given tonight. The quilting design is the standard meander design that came with my machine but I increased the size to make a more open design so it wouldn't overwhelm the Scripture blocks. I think I found the right balance.
I have the Psalm quilt that I made for us in the 'going to GA' pile so I can finish the binding there, too.
This is the sweater I am making myself. It is the recycled homespun yarn that is working up nicely into this perfect weight for FL sweater (we were at 80 degrees yesterday!) It is a freebie pattern from Pamela Wynne called February Lady sweater. It is a worsted weight yarn on #8 needles knit from the top down so it goes quickly. And since the yarn is limited-you can make it as long as you have yarn for-a perfect pattern for this instance!
This is a treat from our garden-aren't they beautiful?! We had these for supper last night.

We have also been enjoying this treat in the evening; fresh roasted peanuts. The peanuts raw are delicious and you can understand why they are called a legumes when you eat them raw-they taste just like fresh picked peas. Someone told us about baking them in the shell; tossed in oil and lightly salted. They were incredible! We are taking 5# to GA to share the culinary pleasure!
Off to pack up-I will be sharing my daughter's technology to keep you posted. Hope you will have a good Christmas celebration also.

4 comments:

  1. Great Christmas quilt. Fresh roasted peanuts would be a treat. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilts are gorgeous. I like the "double edging" effect on the Christmas quilt. And the colors and fabrics on the Psalm quilt just seem to generate a feeling of peacefulness that goes so well with the quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilting came out great on both! Enjoy your trip at least you don't have to do all your holiday baking down here while it's 80 degrees. Can I come to GA too?

    ReplyDelete
  4. So now, come -- faster, faster!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...