Saturday, January 10, 2009

Northern Visitation

My brother and his wife are driving my parents south for the winter and were to arrive today around dinner time..................what to do to make the time go faster?!

Keeping with my January theme of "clean it out, finish it or toss it.." I took the big box of flannel fabric and cut it all up into usable 6" squares and tossed the scraps. I just have to decide if I am going to make a raggedy edge quilt or the traditional kind for the 2 baby quilts I now have fabric for?!

We bought 4 new shelves for Bill's garage and so I decided to put them together.......Bling was a lot of help as usual! I got two done when they called to say they were just 20 minutes away!

We rushed over to their place to be the welcoming committee! Shared a meal and much conversation! Welcome to the south family!

3 comments:

  1. Glad they made it safe and sound!

    It was fun to see the flannels and have a little trip down memory lane -- I saw "history pieces" of Dad's work shirts, your nightgown, the matching pj pants Bruce & I sewed when we were dating/engaged, a doll nightgown, one that looked like a me-nightgown but I couldn't see for sure, and lots of others familiar from past digs through your fabric closet at the farmhouse. But you need some Big Greens fabric to make it complete!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would definitely say do a raggedy edge quilt! Then the babies you're making it for can enjoy the "taggies."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember a cathedral window quilt my aunt did that had fabrics from all the different dresses my mom and aunt had made for us girls.
    (me and 2 sisters, 3 girl cousins)
    It was fun to remember each one.

    A raggedy quilt in flannel! How warm and full of tags.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...