Saturday, January 31, 2009

Saturday's FO's


I finished the skein of yarn I have been working on for over a week! Trying a new technique for this mohair fiber.........it had some challenges but I am thrilled with the results-so much softer and fluffier than my first attempts. It is good to stretch your fiber wings.

I put the binding on 2 of the flannel baby quilts ; put this on by machine and taught Mom how to do the binding this way, too.
I have another one on the design wall; then I will begin the boy quilts.

She put her new skills to good use and finished her tablerunner!


The men were working even though it was very chilly again today, and got the hall wall all prepped for the sheetrock work to begin. It is a lot of fussy work to put up the 2 x 4's over the cement blocks of the former outside of the house........ask my Dad how his shoulders feel after using the cement screw drill all day!

Bill is nearing the close of running the electric wiring through the addition. He put in the ceiling wires today.

2 comments:

  1. Oooooh! Lovely skein of mohair - what a nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeehaw! I can't wait until we can paint in the addition! :)

    All the FOs are lovely -- that's a really unusual design (at least to me) on Grandma's runner and it's very pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FLOWERS ON FRIDAY

But first-yesterday's Shop Hop went well-we discovered a very nice new shop in St Augustine;  always a good find!   What I bought this t...