Thursday, June 4, 2009

Back to Oz!

Drove all the way home on Tuesday.........encountered a bit more of the Atlanta traffic but as long as I was patient, it went okay. Didn't like the goodbyes...............kids promise to email me!
Nice to get home-haven't seen much of it in the last 3 weeks! Saw Caleb on the way home and he treated me by greeting me at the door with a candy bar! (I had gone chocolate-less at his house while nursing him earlier in my travels!) Sweet boy!
Bill treated me to a bouquet of roses when I got home! I guess he did miss me! He regularly presents me with a single rose for no occasion but 'because' but to see a dozen roses-well, it spoke volumes!
I emptied all my duffle and even got the loom into the house. On Wednesday morning I got it put together.....now it just needs some oil on the wood as it looks very dry. Then I have to tackle the daunting work of 'THE FIRST TIME WARPING IT!' All in good time.
I am finishing the last knit row of the Rona shawl and then just have to crochet some chain loops around the edging. I will finish it tomorrow and then block it-pics to follow soon. I also brought home some colorful plastic bags from Marsel's--they are all cut up into 1/2" strips to go into a woven tote-by posting here about it I will force my own weaver's block and start something on that new loom! (How can I mess up something like a plastic tote, right?!!!)

4 comments:

  1. Welcome home!!! Good luck with that first warp!!

    Think "even tension".....and know that it will get easier with practice!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. We miss you! I am glad you're settling in back at home, though...I suppose that's where you belong...

    You've conquered that troublesome lace-knit shawl, so you can surely warp the new loom and weave something lovely...go, Mom, go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sweetest part - the roses from your dear husband!! I'll bet you will really be missing the grandkids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous roses - he must have really missed you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

ALMOST A TOP!

  I have all of the pieces blocks finished  and the borders are cut but nothing is sewn to its neighbor yet  but that is on the schedule for...