Sunday, July 26, 2009

Saturday's Hike



We went to Buford Dam State Park for a family day on Saturday! We brought a picnic lunch and fed the geese-who ,we discovered, are related to their FL counterparts.........seagulls and their ability to rudely scrounge!


This is the outlet side of the dam; where the river continues on its way without a view of the interruption just to the other side of the earthen barrier! We made plans to come here for another family trip with canoes/rafts for a river ride day in the future!







After exploring the river side we drove over to the Lake Lanier side and explored a small portion of this beautiful man made lake; we hiked, saw the mounted police, played on the various playgrounds, admired the water activities and then let the kids cool off in the water before heading to dinner out and home! A perfect day.

(On a side note-David brought home an unwanted gift-poison ivy! We couldn't keep him on the trails 'cuz there were interesting things like sticks (which became bows for imaginary arrows and pinecones which he launched into the water like bombs...!)

3 comments:

  1. Suggestion for David--Tecnu Xtreme. It's about $15 a tube, but it's very effective at eliminating the itch and drying it up quickly. We've been battling poison ivy in the ayrd all summer and that product has been a huge help. If you wash right after doing yard work, you never even get the poison ivy spots! Glad you made it home safely--the house looks beautiful! And thanks for the bag--it's beautiful, too! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was such a fun day, wasn't it?!

    Bruce and I laughed when we saw the picture of us because it looks like we're arguing (sitting so far apart) -- nope, we were just HOT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a really fun day! You guys are brave to feed geese....I fed some overly aggressive when I was in about 5th grade and I still remember them attacking me. Yikes!

    A river ride day would be fabulous....well, as long as there aren't alligators. (Don't I sound like a northern wimp??)

    Your pictures of your kids are great!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

SUNSHINE!

The Heliopsis is in bloom again and has many buds ready to continue the beauty for most of the summer! But I had to reach quite high to get ...