Saturday, August 22, 2009

Home is Where You Lump!

We slept in this morning........it is so nice to be out of the car! The traffic was light and the company was great! The cats did wonderfully but were so glad to be home to their own territory again, too!

To recap a few highilghts of our trip...
Friday-hugs on arrival and then we went to watch my neices (count over from the left to the third and fourth soccer players) play their final game of summer soccer (they won!)....... Saturday-We had a family picnic and some of us swam. Sunday we went to church and had the pleasure of fellowship with old friends......the cats adopted my Dad's chair to sleep in all day-and the biggest surprise is that he let them! No one ever sits in my Dad's chair but my Dad-yes, you are mellowing, Dad, no matter how much you try to deny it!!!
Monday-sewing with my Aunt and Mom- who combined their stashes and we were able to make 4 large lap quilts for the women's shelter in Oswego.
Monday evening we enjoyed a boat ride at my brother's......we made it to shore just before a huge rainfall hit!
Tuesday-Bill went fishing to Geneva with a friend-not too many fish but a sunburn and lot's of good conversation! I spent the day with Mom/Dad and we sewed. (Thanks to Charleen for the disappearing 9 patch inspiration!) Tuesday evening I borrowed Dad's car to go and meet a soul-mate of a friend -I was told to be careful, not to speed and be home by 10 o'clock-talk about a flashback!
Wednesday-visited a neighbor who had recent knee surgery; took the neices to drs appt, shopped 'til we dropped and met my sister for lunch! (We went to Gino & Joe's which is my favorite pizza shop!)
The guys had a field trip, too, and bought 7 old mowers for my Dad to 'fix'! He has had a hard time finding any this summer but they made up for it in one trip! (Thanks to Bob,the packrat, who parted with some of his treasures!)
We played cards, dominoes and talked and knitted and laughed..............thanks Mom and Dad for a great week!

7 comments:

  1. Wow, sounds like a great time and your parents looks so young.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had such a good week with everyone...and that you're home safe and sound!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're back!!! Welcome home!

    Glad you all had a great time - the cats looked some comfortable on that chair!!

    Looks like you had all kinds of fun....boating, quilting, lots of friends and family.

    My favorite picture is the lineup of lawnmowers! Too funny!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. This explains the only hot week we've had this summer. God knew you needed some of that Florida heat for your visit to New York. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome home - what a joy to spend time with a loving, happy family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet times! I love the picture of you and your mom and aunt. How nice you were able to make some quilts for the shelter. Looks like you kept plenty busy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

PLEASANT PUTTERINGS

I did sew the rows together and cut the borders so I could sew them.  I didn't make too many mistakes (the brain is still very slow! lol...