Friday, August 7, 2009

A Qucik Beach Visit

We had to go to Daytona Beach to have the oil changed in my Yaris (free oil change) and so we did a few errands as long as we were in town.
We went to the beach! Always a restorative walk........there is a bit of controversy over this pier/ house-the renters had promised to do upkeep and improvements and they haven't kept their end of the bargain. They face eviction soon and in the meantime , it deteriorates more!
We went underneath to appreciate the waves and Bill checked out the underpinnings! (Guys!)

We visited JoAnns, where I bought a handle for this purse Marsel passed this on to me-the bamboo handle that came with it had broken beyond repair.
Harbor Freight finally had this tool chest in stock-Bill has had a raincheck for a few months! What a nice garage accessory-no garage should be without one! We have been cleaning up the yard because this remodeling mathematical equation still holds true:

building + contractors = ditritus

5 comments:

  1. Glad you had an enjoyable day and recharged your beach-tanks! :)

    When the house is done, it'll probably be almost as much of a relief to be rid of the construction-junk as it will be a joy to have the new space!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A walk on the beach, any beach is always good for my blood pressure.

    Contractors, on the other hand, not so much.

    My DH has a very similar tool chest. I almost wish I had one in my studio. It holds so much stuff. Great for organizing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some people go to Daytona Beach for vacation.....others for an oil change!!

    Knowing your energy level, you'll have the yard cleaned up in a snap! (Or so it will appear to me!) Glad the construction is wrapping up!!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is good to get rid of the construction debris! And I must say that an oil change and a beach trip is a winning combination . . . :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your house looks so inviting. What a blessing to have it almost done.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

PLANS AND REVISIONS

I knit the sleeve (top up) and realized that I would prefer the sleeve line up with the same color of the body. See how the shading of the  ...