Thursday, September 3, 2009

It was only a bath........

One souveniour from taking our cats up North , was Bling,the outdoor cat, giving Nyki, the indoors cat, an infestation of fleas! All the snuggling together, and riding in the car both on my lap all day produced more than just some bonding time. Nyki has been under the weather all week and so I thought if they both got a bath, it would reduce the flea problem. I usually have to do this to Bling every Fall, which is the worse time for fleas. He doesn't like it but he is so mellow he tolerates it well. I haven't ever given a bath to Nyki and wasn't sure how she would take it. Well, much to my surprise, she did well. Not a sound out of her and she didn't hold a grudge after we were done!
Bling on the other hand, turned into a screaming demon and ripped up both of my hands and forearms! I was shocked! At least the tub was filled with dead fleas and Nyki had an appetite for the first time in days. (Bling holed up in the garage until he was his usual fluffy self and did forgive me later in the day!)

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the laugh (about the pathetic-looking drowned-rat cats, not your hand)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eek! Time for a tetanus booster?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're a brave woman, bathing two cats in one day!!

    Glad everyone emerged clean and happy on the other side!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes! Your hand looks painful! Hope it heals soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FABRIC FORTUNES

I enjoyed a day at home yesterday!  It has been a long time since I had a relaxing day at home!  I cleaned (which I like to do!) and launder...