Thursday, November 5, 2009

A Book Report


One of the fun things about being out of town for a week is the fun of a large mail haul.

I unloaded the Amazon book order which is part of the Christmas shopping and I got sidetracked with this 'present' for me. 

Shamelessly I enjoyed an hour of being sure this book was a keeper........it is.  I love the way it has color pictures of the same weave in different color combinations-all one color warp, two color warp, change the weft just a little and voila-all new results!  This has begrudgingly gone into the pile of gifts and I will not look at it until ......Dec 25, I think!

7 comments:

  1. You will love that book! I use it in my workshops to help students come up with a simple design that isn't as boring as 2/2 twill or tabby. And I have drooled over it many times, and have Post-Its marking pages of patterns I want to try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really you put it away until Christmas Day!!! You are a better woman than I would be, they could get it out of my hands.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's one of my favorite books. I actually take it on the bus and put little Post-It's on the pages with a pattern I want to try. (And, that's just about on every page!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're very wicked, Janette's daughter!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mail after vacation is much more interesting than mine!!!

    I haven't seen that book - and didn't realize it was in color. That's cool!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. For a weaver it looks as good as Barbara Walker's guides for knitters!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

SUNSHINE!

The Heliopsis is in bloom again and has many buds ready to continue the beauty for most of the summer! But I had to reach quite high to get ...