Thursday, December 24, 2009

Contented


I am enjoying a lot of grandkid time!  Its a good thing I had a few days with them before the Uncles got here because then I am second choice! 

We brought up a 'tunnel' for Marsel's new cat.  Her and Nyki are getting along just fine and they are very entertaining to watch!

I warped up a black thread for 2 plastic bag totes and used black strapping-

wow, it sure does make the colors pop!  I am going to use the black again when I am back home.

I finished knitting one of the big  boy socks (our sons take after dad and this is another men's sized 15 sock!)but before I could cast on the mate,

 David asked if I could make him a new pair of fingerless gloves.  Of course, I cast on for them instead.
He watches me knit and likes to feed out the yarn so I can go faster!


Oh, yes, this is my birthday present from Bruce and Marsel.   Yeah, fiber!

This morning while the chatter of my grown children hummed around me, I made a few of the yarn potholder loom items which I will sew together for a doll shawl for Abigail.

I hope you are having a great day, too.

5 comments:

  1. I still can't get over the size of those socks.

    A dolly shawl!!! I love it.

    It sounds like you are having a wonderful Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas to you and your family. Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even when you at R & R you are productive! Love the pic of you and the grandkids. :D
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas!!! Have fun with the grandkids!!

    Nice job on those totes! I like the color combos. I'm going to weave a tote in January, so now I'm looking at plastic bags differently. (It's a group project with my weaving group - which is the only way I know what I'm doing in January!)

    What a knitter!!! Your family and friends are lucky to have you!

    Merry Christmas!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I'm so happy you are the one spinning the BFL top. I love the dark blues and really need to dye some of it up just for me!

    You know, Marcel's new kitty looks very much so like our 'Miss Kitty'! http://lunabud.blogspot.com/2009/02/my-little-helper-and-other-recent-pet.html I think the kitties might be dopellgangers for each other...lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

ALMOST A TOP!

  I have all of the pieces blocks finished  and the borders are cut but nothing is sewn to its neighbor yet  but that is on the schedule for...