Tuesday, January 26, 2010

C O L O R ! ! !



First work order began with a second coat on the livingroom. 

Then on to the master bedroom (Constant Coral, 6325)

Isn't is such a Florida color!  I am so pleased with the choice. This color covered in one coat but we are going to apply the second coat because this is on new, primed sheetrock and I purchased the second gallon so I might as well apply it.

Mom and I tackled the guest room after lunch. (I am wearing my pants inside out because I do not own 'old' clothes , so I have found if I turn them inside out the paint will only stain the wrong side!)

This room was painted to match my batik quilt, it will also hold my loom so I am excited by the color saturation. (Spearmint 6465)

While we have been painting, Dad has been installing outdoor outlets and these carriage lights.

And Bill is being a plumber, not one of his favorite jobs but he gets the job done! 
He is drilling from the outside to reach the hot water source, the old bathroom!
The houses in Florida do not have basements so the water pipes go through the slab.  The only way to get hot water into the new bathroom is to connect to the old and so Bill is digging, busting away old cement and trying to be cheerful.  The end is in sight , Darlin'!

I am off to the heating pad and some knitting again!

9 comments:

  1. Great color choices!!! Painting whole rooms is so satisfying!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it fun to add color!

    Actually we had those colors in my parents house in the 50's. It's funny how things recycle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how your loom is framed in the doorway in the first picture. :) The colors are lovely...your bedroom is especially WOW!

    Your painting pants are...ummmm...really hot. (Remind me never to paint in public with you.)

    The carriage lantern is so pretty. David will be happy to know what Grandpa O. has been up to while the women were painting. You also captured poor Dad's wide range of thoughts and emotions regarding the plumbing project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good--glad to see you are keeping your parents busy and your Dad isn't sitting around drinking coffee. Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. good idea with the pants! I should take that to heart for several jobs around the house, only, I tend to start thinking: ah, nothing will happen.... which of course it will (several funny stains on different pants are proof!). I esp. like the blue-turquoise - seems to be a cooling colour in a warm climate?

    ReplyDelete
  6. It'll be so fun to see the rooms with the quilts in them! :o) I love how you picked the paint for the quilts. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can barely wait to see it all finished!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun colors! I can't wait to see the rooms all decorated. By the way, the pants are a very useful tip! I will have to remember that:-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

ALMOST A TOP!

  I have all of the pieces blocks finished  and the borders are cut but nothing is sewn to its neighbor yet  but that is on the schedule for...