Monday, January 11, 2010

The First Dishtowel


I cut the first dishtowel and dishcloth off the loom-I glued the last weft thread and the threads between the items and after it had dried I cut them apart!  It held things together just fine so I could hem!  This first one is for my sister in law, Shelly, who is here for a quick visit as her and my brother drive my parents down to Florida for the winter and I knew I could give it to her in person!

I retied the warp onto the front beam and began weaving with the blue for my Mom.  This one is from the top pattern on page 35 of the Handweaver's Pattern Directory. 

I am knitting up the second Targhee sock, the circular lace shawl and this mystery shawl......

Yes, it is still cold here, too.  We have had temps right around 20F degrees every morning.  BRRRRRR!

5 comments:

  1. The towels are very cool!

    Hope you warm up soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mystery shawl is very intriguing. Beautiful colour - does the yarn really have that silken sheen?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe we could swap weather for a few hours (I really don't like cold) - it is forecast to be 40*C (104*F) here today (Tuesday) and the humidity is awful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't started to weave again yet - too many gifts to make:) as nobody gives me nice dishtowels - I'll have to make some for myself! but the sea green colour of your knitting yarn is great - I am looking forward to the finished result!
    our weather is a joke - it's supposed to thaw, but we are having a nice fat storm and fresh snow on top of it:((

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for a finished dishtowel and the magic of cutting towels off the loom!! They make such great gifts - I never have enough of them ready.

    The green color of your knitting yarn, along with beads strung on the yarn are very intriguing! Looking forward to living vicariously!!

    Stay warm!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

POST SURGERY TIME

I was able to get a ton of knitting time in  while in the Surgery Center with Bill yesterday!   He did well but it is harder to have surgery...