Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Celebrate!

To celebrate my Dad's birthday, we took a day trip to Daytona Beach to............
.....Crabby Joe's Restaurant (last year we went here and decided to make it a tradition!)  We enjoyed their fried fish sandwiches and their own home made potato chips; it was wow, good!
This year, Caleb and Kristen were able to join in the birthday party!  It was almost as cold as last year.........we hurried down the long pier to the restaurant! (Temp was in the high 50's and then later in the afternoon, the sun poked out and it was in the 60's.......ahhhh, that sun is warm!)
We weren't the only ones who had to huddle down in their coats!
I finished Caleb's sock on the car ride today!  I got in one inch of stockinette and 6" of ribbing , took care of my yarn tails and gave them to him to take home and wear!  (He said , "My foot isn't that big!" but when he tried them on , they fit perfectly!  Phew!  )

5 comments:

  1. my, but your hands stay busy! Love the socks.

    Happy birthday to you Dad. Mine turns 90 tis year. we plan on celibrating with him in Michigan.

    The bird picture is beautiful. I got a similar shot of a pelican when we were in Fl. It's funny how they will just set right there, only a few feet away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the timely reminder that you knit in the car. I have to go on a longish car ride as a passenger today and I'm going to take my knitting!!

    Looks like a great birthday celebration!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great day, even if not as warm as you would have liked. At least Grandpa didn't have to shovel any snow on his birthday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are HUGE socks!! What size shoe does this man wear?

    Tell you dad Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday, Delighted Dad!

    That photo makes the socks seem way out of proportion with the stocking stitch feet and the ribbed legs so I'm glad they fitted perfectly.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FABRIC FORTUNES

I enjoyed a day at home yesterday!  It has been a long time since I had a relaxing day at home!  I cleaned (which I like to do!) and launder...