Monday, February 1, 2010

Floored

Bill has been down with a virus and so the work that was to begin today is postponed until Thurs/Fri.  I am trying to be patient....
I was floored another way today, blogfriend, Benita, sent me the tshirt I won on her blog (designed and made by her and her husband!) and a collection of plastic bags she has been saving for me!
Can you believe how many she managed to stuff into the box?!!  Thank you so much!
Here is what the new tile for the master bath looks like.  (16" ceramic tiles, matt finish)
Nyki likes it........she played and nap on it as soon as I placed it on the floor....cats!
Knitting like a maniac to get Caleb's socks done in time for his visit this Wednesday.....
...Especially when I have to keep up with the mystery shawl progress, too!
I put a few of the finished blocks on the wall for encouragement on the project.  This will not be the layout exactly but it works until I get the little blocks done, too.
Mom and I got her quilt loaded on the frame.  I have carte blanc for designs....I have chosen cabbage roses and feathers for the border and a rose and ribbon panto for the center. 

Nice to hit the week at a full run.

8 comments:

  1. Fun stuff! The T-shirt is great...and so are the bags! Blogfriends are a nice bonus that we didn't expect when we first started blogging!

    The tiles are lovely, as are all of the fiber/fabric things happening around your place...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, so much going on! Hope your DH feels better soon. Love the TShirt! What re you dong with the plastic bags? Crochet rugs? Nice tile. Love the shawl. It looks angelic. Quilt progress on the design wall is beautiful! Cabbage roses perfect! Did I cover it all?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That was a lot of bags in that box - I just kept adding to it until there was only room for the T-shirt. I am so glad you like the shirt - happy wearing!!!

    I noticed the cat toy on the tiles first thing. Yes, what is is about cats and new things on the floor?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stuff, love the t-shirt, you are busy, busy. Hope your hubby feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny t-shirt, I want one too. The tile will look wonderful in the bathroom. Are the quilt blocks sewn on a curve or does it just look like it? The color of the shawl is beautiful, can't wait to see it finished. Tell you Mrs. O. I love her quilt, very cottage and great fabric choices. The cabbage roses will be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have so many lovely projects on the go. Love the tiles, very classy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cats are funny creatures aren't they?

    I really like the tee-shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lucky you - T-shirt winner!! (Of course, having a sick husband isn't lucky! I will not say anything mean about how men act when they're sick, but I might be fighting back the urge!) The T-shirt looks even better now that it's made up into a shirt. I think I've only seen the graphic online.

    Love, love, love the curvy quilt on the wall!!

    Good luck with the tiling!!! We just decided to do a tiny tile project, so you guys give me courage!

    Hope your DH feels better soon!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FLOWERS ON FRIDAY

But first-yesterday's Shop Hop went well-we discovered a very nice new shop in St Augustine;  always a good find!   What I bought this t...