Monday, February 8, 2010

Move It Around!


We moved all the furniture  from the old livingroom- into the new one so we can begin work on the old area!  (The afternoon pic didn't come out, so this one is a bit dark.......)
Dad and Bill continued to work on the kitchen so that it is ready to be included on the renovation.  The refrigerator needs to move to the opposite wall--where there is no electrical outlet or water supply --the guys will get it done, of that, I have no doubt!
Here you can see the old doorway to the garage that is no longer there must be filled in with insulation and studs for sheetrock.
Bill is getting behind the old sheetrock to make some room for the new water supply and the electrical outlet that will be dropped down through the ceiling.
Mom and I stripped the room of all its furniture and even removed the baseboards, and then rewarded ourselves with a new knitting project!
 I had sent Mom a link to this knitting pattern, Ten Stitch Twist, months ago to savor when we were together this winter-then is now!  After the eye strain of my lace mystery KAL, this was a very fun knit-only 10 sts on the needles for each spiral sweep-it is working up very fast in a worsted weight yarn I had purchased for a sweater  that went awry.  This is a perfect way to use up all that yarn! 

3 comments:

  1. Wow, those rooms sure are looking different!

    I recognize that yarn -- glad you've found a happier project for it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bet you are pleased how the house is coming on. Its looking good.

    And what an interesting knit... I must have a look for it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...