Monday, February 8, 2010

Off-Line

While the men are laying floor in the addition, we are tearing up the area we live in to prepare it for the facelift to take place in a few days!  Bill and my Dad worked faster than planned and so the computer had to be moved into an area without a phone line and so --NO INTERNET!   I have come down with Bill's cold, so nice to share things.  I have spent the last few days in bed but will catch you up now. 
The computer used to reside right inside the door, next to the kitchen.  We have removed the half wall from the end of the counter and...
... also removed the dark wood that framed the door way.  We are really liking the open area that has resulted. 
The computer was moved into the new guestroom, Bill had to hook up the phone wire so it was internet connected-see the outlet hanging from the wall.......at least I could catch up!
Dad also removed the wooden door frame to the dining room.  The men will spray the textured knockdown on the ceilings of the family room and the kitchen and then the walls of the family room and then bring the wood flooring through these two areas.  We are talking about some confusion for the week ahead but all to good end. 
I made a new plastic bag tote.........this one was made on my rigid heddle loom because I still have the dish towels on my floor loom.  Once I got used to it again, it went pretty quickly.
I have owned these empty shadow box frames for 25 years and finally glued some fabric to the background and glued some shells in place.  A very satisfying hour's work.

7 comments:

  1. Wow! Your room color is even lovelier with the flooring in; they complement each other nicely.

    Yup, the rest looks like chaos...but like you said, it's toward a good end!

    We'll be there next week to inspect... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of opening rooms up and making everything seem bigger and...well...open!

    I'm back in bed today with my cold. I sure hope you are feeling better.

    Nice tote bag - I love the color selection. I already have a new box going for you and have two of my friends bring me new bags at work. Great way to recycle!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. things are looking great. Love the shell boxes--another hobby??sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Won't you be glad when it's finally done? And won't life seem so quiet? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. The house is looking lovely! Love the shells too.

    A woobie -(you must never have seen the movie "Mr. Mom") is a little comfort blanket fo a child to carry around. Thanks for th comment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your house is making my house feel ugly!

    I'm glad you could get back on line and very sorry that you've been ill. What is this staying in bed for a couple days? Never heard of it...

    What date is it supposed to be 'done'?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...