Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Tiled and Then Some

We have bathroom tiles....
and entryway tiles!  He will be coming back on Thursday to finish the grout and begin work on the sheetrock in the diningroom and kitchen. 
Dad finished his work in the kitchen and archway. 
Everything is ready for the big day on Thursday.

Bill just has to fine tune (run wires and water in the attic) to the newly prepped wall.

I finished Mom's quilt and she now has to bind it; I will put up a photograph then.  As soon as we took her quilt off the frame, we loaded up another.  This one for my neighbor who made this twin sized quilt for
her grandson at Jacksonville University.  Remember this is the center block I embroidered and cut off the corner when trimming the stabilizer!?!  Glad to see she was able to rescue it!  I am just quilting it with a simple meander.
I am still knitting away on the lace  mystery shawl, but this cold is impairing my ability to reason well and the counting and recounting of the lace is not as enjoyable in my present 'snotty' frame of mind.
But, I am loving the mindless (almost) knitting of the round afghan!  It is a very good knit!
We got a pleasant surprise last evening.  The custom cabinets we ordered for the bathroom are not only ready, they were delivered !  The cats loved smelling and exploring them.  As soon as the grout is dried, we will be moving them in!  They are solid oak, just what I imagined-so happy!

8 comments:

  1. I'm glad you mentioned your knitting was an afghan. I was going to ask but didn't want to appear daft.

    Tell Millie the quilt is wonderful.

    I love cabinets and the house is coming along so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo lots going on around you, I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! You know, you are going to have to do a video walk through of your house when complete, so that we can all see how wonderful it is:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YaYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!! It's looking so good!

    I love the cabinets; they're beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This is getting exciting! I love watching your house come together.

    Get well soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It will seem like an entirely new house when it's done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cabinets look great! It's always a relief when something custom like that arrives and is as good as you imagined!

    That quilt is perfect for a college student! Great job!!

    Hope it warms up & you feel better soon!!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. Boy, you are making progress!! Love the color in the bath.What a nice job you are doing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

POST SURGERY TIME

I was able to get a ton of knitting time in  while in the Surgery Center with Bill yesterday!   He did well but it is harder to have surgery...